Harbor Breeze stands behind their products and most of their ceiling fans have a Limited Lifetime Warranty. If you have issues with your ceiling fans that can’t be fixed or repaired without the manufacturer’s help, then it’s advisable to contact their customer service and claim a warranty. In this guide, I’ll provide the following information:
- Where to claim a warranty for Harbor Breeze ceiling fans
- A brief customer service information
- What will you need to claim a warranty
- What is covered under this warranty and what isn’t
- Why it’s good to buy Lowe’s protection plans and, more.
So keep on reading to get all the necessary knowledge for claiming the Harbor Breeze warranty!
What does the Harbor Breeze Ceiling Fan Warranty cover?
Before discussing where and how to claim a warranty, it’s important to know whether the issues you’re having with your fan are covered under warranty or not. Let’s talk about what the warranty covers and what it doesn’t.
Issues Covered Under This Warranty
Here are the issues that are covered by the manufacturer’s warranty:
- Issues with the manufacturer’s craftsmanship or defective materials used in the fan are covered within the warranty and you can claim a warranty any time you notice issues with the fan or its parts; this warranty is limited for a lifetime. They’ll provide a replacement fan or the part free of cost.
- The issue with the fan’s motor itself is covered by this warranty. If you notice issues with the motor such as grinding noise or wobbling due to the motor, then you should claim a warranty as soon as possible. They will provide a replacement fan free of cost and also provide installation service if you ask them.
- Note: Please note that the warranty doesn’t apply to parts that are used in conjunction with a motor such as; a capacitor, remote transmitter, or receiver.
- If your fan includes a light kit and it’s malfunctioning then you can file a warranty claim within the period of one year from the purchase date, however, some light kits that use LED bulbs have a three-year warranty period.
- The issue with the fan’s wiring is also covered under the fan warranty but before claiming a warranty you have to make sure that the issue is with the fan’s wiring and not with your home’s wiring circuit.
These are the issues that are covered under warranty, you can claim a warranty within the specified period without any hesitation. You should claim a warranty as soon as you notice any issue so that it doesn’t exceed the warranty period and you can get a replacement without any charge. If the manufacturer fails to provide the original replacement part then they’ll provide you with a superior quality compatible replacement; somehow they’ll solve the issue.
Issues That Aren’t Covered Under This Warranty
Here are the conditions and issues for which you can’t claim warranty from Harbor Breeze:
- If you use a ceiling fan in outdoor locations such as patios that are designed to be dry-rated for indoor use
- If you use ceiling fans in commercial, industrial, or other non-residential applications
- Damage caused by misuse, negligence, or accident
- Damage caused by improper installation, operation, or maintenance
- Issues caused by using replacement parts that are not compatible with the fan and aren’t specified in the manual
- Damage caused by the use of parts or accessories not approved by Harbor Breeze
- Cosmetic damage like scratches, dents, or blemishes
- Issues that are caused by normal wear and tear or weather-related damage.
Noticing the cause of the issue first is a good thing before calling them to claim a warranty otherwise you’ll face disappointment.
What Will You Need to Claim a Warranty?
When you’re about to claim a warranty, then be sure that you have all the necessary information. Before contacting them, make sure that you have the purchase receipt and know the model number of the certain ceiling fan. You can read the manual that comes along with the packaging to find the model number and warranty details. If you’ve lost the manual then you can search online: Harbor Breeze Ceiling Fan Manuals.
The original purchaser can file the warranty claim, if he sold the fan to another person, he or she will not be able to file a warranty. So, if you’ve bought the ceiling fan from a relative or any other person, not from a retailer then you’ll not get warranty coverage. In this case, if possible, try to contact the person from whom you bought the fan and ask him to claim a warranty.
Where to Claim a Warranty for Harbor Breeze Ceiling Fans?
Now, let’s finally talk about the warranty claiming process. You can simply use the following contacts:
Lowe’s: If you have bought the fan from Lowe’s store or online through their website, then you can call Lowe’s customer support at “1-888-775-6937” or visit their nearby store along with the receipt.
Litex Industries: You can call the Harbor Breeze brand owner to claim a warranty. Their customer support number is “1-800-527-1292”.
Fanim Industries: The United States CPSC has stated that Fanim Industries is the manufacturer of Harbor breeze ceiling fans. You can call them at “1-888-434-3797” or email them at firstname.lastname@example.org to claim warranty.
These are the platforms where you can file a warranty claim for your harbor breeze ceiling fans. For more details about Harbor Breeze customer service contact read my in-depth article: A Guide to Contacting Harbor Breeze Customer Service Phone Number, Email & Timings
When you have made a successful call, be sure to tell them all the details of the issue you’re having, so they can solve your issue or guide you properly.
Why It’s Best to Buy a Protection Plan From Lowe’s Along With the Fan?
The manufacturer’s warranty doesn’t cover normal wear and tear, the cost of replacement parts, etc., but Lowe’s protection plan adds more peace of mind to the purchases. Here are the benefits of buying the protection plan:
- You can get a replacement part without paying even if the damage is caused by normal usage or accidental damages.
- If the fan or any of its parts is damaged due to a power surge, this plan will cover it.
- You can transfer this to a new owner if you sell your ceiling fan.
- They’ll fix the issue by repairing or replacing it without additional cost.
- You can buy this plan for a 2 or 3 year period and you can also renew this plan.
You can see how the protection plan works and how convenient it is. I suggest you buy this plan along with the ceiling fan. It will help you to avoid extra costs when a repair or replacement is needed.
There you have all the information for contacting Harbor Breeze to file a warranty claim. I’ve done proper research before writing the article and tried to make it a thorough guide where you can get all the necessary information like all the conditions for claiming a warranty and contact information where you can claim the warranty for your Harbor Breeze ceiling fans.