Casablanca ceiling fans are made with great craftsmanship and state-of-the-art technologies. They have a longer lifespan but as you know all electronic devices start to have issues with use. So with the Casablanca fans, they too start getting issues where some of these issues are covered under the company’s warranty in the limited time period as mentioned in the manual. It is important to register a warranty in order to receive protection against any problems that may occur with your fan.
Locate the manual booklet and check for the issue if it is covered under the warranty. Then go ahead to make them a call or contact them online. If you have lost the manual somehow, then don’t worry I’ll tell you the warranty conditions later on. Also if you have got issues with your fan that can’t be fixed or repaired without the manufacturer’s help, then I advise you to contact their customer service. In this guide, I’m going to provide the following information:
- What does this warranty cover and what isn’t under this warranty
- How to register and claim warranty for Casablanca fans
- A brief customer service information
- What is needed to claim a warranty
- Original Casablanca warranty manual
So, without taking further time, let’s get started!
What does the Casablanca ceiling fan warranty cover?
This is the most important term to consider while thinking of claiming the warranty. You must know what parts and issues are covered under the Casablanca warranty. If you register a warranty for an issue that is not covered, then sadly you’ll be disappointed.
So, let’s see for what parts the company provides warranty:
If your ceiling fan has stopped working due to a defect in the motor (material or workmanship), then Casablanca provides you with a replacement fan or motor free of charge. But this limited lifetime warranty applies only to the motor itself. This means you should confirm if the issue is with the motor. If you’ve a faulty power outlet in your home and due to this the motor burns; they’ll not provide you a replacement. You have to fix the power issue in your house first then buy a new fan in this case.
The devices such as remote control transmitters or receivers and capacitors have a one-year limited warranty. If you want to claim a warranty for such devices then check if the warranty period is still valid.
Usually, light kits have a one-year limited warranty however, maybe you qualify for additional warranty coverage if your fan has an LED light kit. If your fan has an LED light kit module (without including glass components) or LED bulb and it fails due to a defect in material or workmanship. Then Casablanca provides you with a 5-year limited warranty from the date of purchase. They will provide you with a replacement light kit module or the bulbs free of charge.
All the fan parts other than the parts I’ve mentioned above have a warranty that is limited to one year. You can claim a warranty for the parts such as blades, downrod, etc. within one year of buying the fan.
They provide the replacement parts when you claim a warranty but they don’t provide support for installing that part. You will have to either install the received part yourself or seek help from an electrician. So, before registering for the warranty be sure that it is valid for that part.
What does the Casablanca ceiling fan warranty not cover?
Now that you know what parts are covered under this warranty, let’s talk about the issues that Casablanca denies to provide the warranty. Here are the cases when you can’t claim warranty:
- If the batteries of the remote are dead(no warranty for remote batteries)
- If you have purchased and installed the fan outside the United States
- If you don’t have proof of purchase i.e. receipt of the fan
- The warranty is un-transferable which means if the fan is owned by someone other than the original purchaser, then he/she can’t claim it
- If you buy a fan from a seller who isn’t approved(unauthorized dealer)
- If the fan gets damaged under regular use over time
- If the fan has minor cosmetic defects on its motor, blades, or any other part
- If you’ve replaced any fan parts before
- Damaged caused by improper installation, misuse, improper care, failure to follow manufacturer instructions
- If you’ve supplied improper voltage or power surge
- If you’ve replaced any part with improper parts or accessories,
- Acts of God such as earthquake, or flood
So these are the cases and situations for which Casablanca doesn’t provide any support. However, if you have any of the issues above, you can call their customer service, and they will guide you.
I’m providing here an original manual that is from Casablanca, so that it can answer all other question coming to your mind:
What Does the 120-Day Casablanca In-Home Service Warranty mean?
Casablanca provides you with a 3-month Casablanca in-home service. This warranty means Casablanca will provide you with free installation, repair, or replacement service for the fan or any of its parts free of cost. To avail this service, you must register a warranty within the first 120 days of purchase.
Please note that this service is only available in some states. They’ll send a service representative to provide you with the service where it is available. And where it is unavailable, they’ll provide you with a replacement part at no cost.
How To Avail Warranty Service?
To avail the warranty service, you have to register your fan for the warranty on the Hunter website. You must have the proof of purchase in order to register a warranty whether it’s a sales receipt or other document that confirms that you’ve purchased the fan. Please note that Hunter doesn’t allow you to ship your fan or any fan parts to them.
Here is the short customer support details, so that you can contact them easily:
You can either visit the Hunter Fan Company website(the URL is https://www.hunterfan.com/) and ask questions by clicking on the chat button on the bottom corner of the website’s page. The phone number for Hunter’s Casablanca fans division is “1-888-227-2178”. The hours of response are Monday – Friday from 8 AM to 5 PM CST, they’ll reply to you within these hours.
What do you need to Register Your Casablanca Ceiling Fan Warranty?
To register your Casablanca ceiling fan warranty, you’ll need to provide some basic information about yourself and the fan that you purchased. Here’s what details you will need to provide:
- Your personal information, including your name and contact information (address, phone number, and email address).
- The product model number of the Casablanca fan you purchased. This information can be found on the fan’s label or the manual.
- The serial number of your fan is also located on the label or the manual.
- Your proof of purchase (such as your receipt or invoice).
- The store where you purchased your fan.
That’s it! When you provide all this information on Hunter’s registration page, you’ve successfully registered the warranty.
How to Register Your Casablanca Ceiling Fan Warranty?
The registration process is simple and straightforward. Here are the steps to follow:
- Enter and visit this link: https://register.hunterfan.com/
- Fill in the required fields which are personal details, product model number, and your purchase information
- Choose the option to receive a response from them; they provide two means either Email or SMS through your phone number.
- Click “Submit” to submit your registration. Thus you’ve registered your fan for warranty.
If you have any issues when filling out the registration form or have any questions about the process, please contact Casablanca’s customer service.
Once they receive and process the warranty registration, they will send you an email or SMS depending on the method you choose, this will confirm that your purchase is now covered under the manufacturer’s warranty. This confirmation email can also have any additional information or instructions related to the use of your product.
Hunter provides full support (warranty) for all ceiling fans from the Casablanca division to their customers. The warranty covers most issues that can occur with your fan, but there are some issues that the warranty doesn’t cover (I’ve provided the details above). You must identify which issues are under warranty and their limited date before claiming. You have to register your fan in order to be eligible for the warranty. The most important thing is that you should keep the proof of purchase safe so that you can claim a warranty or assistance from the company whenever needed. I’ve provided the link where you can register your fan on Hunter’s website. Just fill out the form and submit your registration form to avail this service. I hope that you’ll receive a response from them and they’ll provide you with full assistance.